What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a natural state of focused awareness in which your mind becomes more available and receptive to positive suggestions and new ideas. Research has shown that people who are mentally and physically relaxed are more receptive to taking in new ideas and feelings in new ways.
Many people are surprised to learn that hypnosis is something they’ve been experiencing their whole lives without realizing it.
We Already Do Hypnosis Everyday
Have you ever become so immersed in an activity to the point of tuning everything else out? That’s a natural state of hypnosis. Here are some common examples of how we already do hypnosis everyday:
- Daydreaming: Remember when you were a kid in school and found yourself daydreaming in class, wishing you could be playing, singing or dancing with your friends somewhere else, and all of a sudden the teacher called your name, you jumped in your seat and got back to class
- Getting caught up in a good book or movie, where you feel so connected to the plot that it’s as if you’re in it yourself
- Feeling like you are “in the zone” while performing an activity
- Being so caught up in your work that you lose track of how much time has passed
- Being so focused while driving that you almost (or do!) miss your exit
- being in a deeply focused, meditative state
Reprogram Yourself for Success with Hypnosis
As you can see, all of us already engage in hypnosis in some form. My goal is help you learn to do it even better by utilizing the power of your mind to achieve your goals. The hypnotic process allows you to rapidly rebuild new, positive habits and behaviors and reprogram yourself for success.
Every day there are more media reports and research studies establishing hypnosis as a powerful resource for change. “Workings of Mind“ is here to help answer questions you may have and hopefully demystify the process a bit for you. You’ll find descriptions of some of the most common things people work through with me in private sessions and how hypnosis can help.
Hypnosis is Clinically Proven to Help Medical Conditions
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pain Relief
- Fatigue from Radiation Treatment
- Recovery from Surgical Pain
- Chronic Fatigue
- Smoking Cessation
“Hypnosis-enhanced therapy is a legitimate treatment for various medical problems – and unlike many treatments, it is noninvasive and totally safe.”
– Marc I. Oster, PsyD Illinois School of Professional Psychology
When you come for a visit, you will also get answers to some of the most frequently asked questions I hear about hypnosis and my work. Just click on a question to get started. If you have any additional questions or want to work through something that isn’t listed in this section, no problem – feel free to contact me and let me know how I can help!